PVC feeding tubes - closed tip
Nutrisafe2 feeding tubes in PVC for enteral nutrition of neonates, infants and children* with radiopaque line and closed distal tip with 2 lateral… Read more
Enteral nutrition of neonates, infants and children in NICU, PICU, Neonatology and Paediatrics.
In order to respond to the specific needs of neonatology, Vygon promotes an enteral range dedicated to neonates and newborns, called nutrisafe2. This range is compliant with ISO 80369-1.
Specially designed for neonatal patients, nutrisafe2 is a unique safe enteral feeding system incompatible with Luer and other small-bore connectors in accordance with ISO 80369-1 requirements. The risk of misconnection is minimized, and the patient safety is increased.
The lockable system provides additional security. Accidental disconnection is practically impossible, ensuring precious nutrients are received.
Feeding tube must not create extra risk to neonates by introducing bacteria into their digestive tract.
Studies have shown that the design of ENFit™ comes with the need of setting up a cleaning procedure, and that even followed thoroughly, only 31% of connectors were off residues. (1)
nutrisafe2 is, by design, less prompt to keep residues. Indeed, nutrisafe2 connectors have a less threaded interior to sequester milk or medication and is much smaller. (2)
(1) Lyman, B., Rahe, K. L., Keeler, D., Sherman, A. K., & Abdelhadi, R. A. (2020). Randomized Controlled Trial Assessing the Effectiveness of Two Cleaning Regimens for ENFit® Connectors. Medsurg Nursing, 29(6), 401-406
(2) Risks for Neonates Due to ENFitTM von Dr. Keliana O’Mara.; 2022. Accessed August 4, 2022.
Dose accuracy is of great importance in the NICU wards, especially for critical drugs administration. For example, the morphine dose for a preterm baby can start at 0.03 ml. Studies have shown that because of fluid displacement there is an overdosing risk with the syringes.
DescriptionNutrisafe2 feeding tubes in PVC for enteral nutrition of neonates, infants and children* with radiopaque line and closed distal tip with 2 lateral eyes. Nutrisafe2 feeding tubes code 364 have a length of 40 cm, code 361 a length of 50 cm, code 363 a length of 75 cm and code 362 a length of 125 cm.
- Markings every centimetre from 5 to 35 cm for codes 361, 363, 364 and from 5 to 75 cm (code 362).
- The Nutrisafe2 connection features a purple colour and specific dimensions meeting the requirements of ISO 80369-1. Consequently, accidental misconnections between devices intended for enteral nutrition and devices intended for other indications (venous access, spinal, epidural, vesical, respiratory…) are avoided and the right administration route is respected.
- Supplied with colour-coded cap.
PVC feeding tubes for short-term enteral feeding (maximum 5 days).
* Codes 362.142, 362.162 and 362.182 are for adult use
Features & packaging
|Favourites||Code||-||Diameter Fr||Length cm||Priming volume ml||Int. Ø mm||Ext. Ø mm||Units/Box||Units/Case|
Contains Latex No
Contains animal product No
Instructions for use