For World Cancer Day 2022, Vygon supports healthcare workers!
Vygon has organized its third edition of World Cancer Day on February 4th, 2022.
What is World Cancer Day?
World Cancer Day every 4 February is a global uniting initiative led by the Union International Cancer Control (UICC). It is dedicated to reducing the global cancer burden, promoting greater equity, and integrating cancer control into the world health and development agenda.
Every year, hundreds of events and activities are held around the world.
How does Vygon help cancer patients?
Vygon develops innovative solutions in partnership with specialists such as anaesthesiologists, surgeons, and nurses. Our product portfolio includes implantable ports, central venous catheters, safety huber needles, Qimono Closed System Transfer Devices…
What is this year’s theme?
In these times of COVID-19, Vygon has decided to dedicate this edition of World Cancer Day to all caregivers who work daily to advance cancer care.
In fact, due to the overload of hospital intensive care units, COVID-19 has disrupted the management of cancer patients. These disruptions in the follow-up of prevention and treatment programs resulted in increasing numbers of cancer-related deaths.
Moreover, there is a lack of human resources in the hospitals, as the nursing staff is already very busy with COVID-19 patients. This means that there are fewer healthcare workers available in the oncology departments. Therefore, the remaining Oncology healthcare workers face huge workloads and an increasing level of stress.
Through World Cancer Day, Vygon aims to offer its support to Oncology healthcare workers and thank them for everything they do for cancer patients every day.
What were Vygon’s actions for World Cancer Day 2022?
To support Oncology healthcare workers in the treatment delivery, Vygon has partnered with Sofrocay, an Institution of Caycedian Sophrology, to develop a program of Sophrology sessions for healthcare workers.
These sessions will be proposed to hospitals and health institutions. The first institution we are working with is the Gustave Roussy Hospital in Paris, France. The purpose of the program is to help healthcare workers deal with their stress and anxiety, improve sleep and their general well-being.
A web conference was also organized on February 4th to shed light on the struggles of healthcare workers around the world. The speakers were:
- Stéphane Regnault, CEO of Vygon, who introduced the World Cancer Day 2022 and Vygon’s commitment
- Estelle Damiano, Nurse in the Hospital Gustave Roussy in Paris (France) and Sandrine Proust, Occupational Psychologist in the same hospital who talked about the struggles of healthcare workers for the past two years
- Dr Natalia Caycedo, Psychiatrist and President of Sofrocay, who explained the benefits of Sophrology
- Christophe Deffontaines, Asia-Pacific Vice-President of Vygon who did a live Sophrology session
Around the world, from Spain to UAE, Vygon employees joined forces to support healthcare workers. Many actions were organized:
- Sports activities to raise money for cancer hospitals
- Festive events in hospitals with food and goodies distribution
- Cake cutting ceremonies
- Writing and performing a song to thank healthcare workers
- Live talks and events on social media with nurses
- Partnerships with student offices of business schools to raise awareness on campus
- Distributing goodies such as t-shirts, stress balls, bracelets, and ribbons
- Raising awareness on social media through informative posts and videos
Thank you, Oncology healthcare workers, for your fight during these hectic times!
We are Vygon and we will act to value life.
World Cancer 2020 and 2021