Single lumen CVC
Leaderflex 22G - 2 Fr
Leaderflex is a radiopaque polyurethane catheter with fixation wings and integral extension tube 4.4 cm long (except codes 1212.20/205: 9.8 cm long)… Read more
Leaderflex code 1212 can be used as:
- a central venous catheter in children inserted in the jugular, subclavian or femoral vein,
- a Midline catheter inserted in a peripheral vein (in children and adults),
- an arterial catheter in children.
DescriptionLeaderflex is a radiopaque polyurethane catheter with fixation wings and integral extension tube 4.4 cm long (except codes 1212.20/205: 9.8 cm long).When it comes with straigth guidewire, Leaderflex is suitable for a variety of venous and arteriel applications in adults and children and in particular:
- Central venous catheterization (jugular, subclavian, femoral) in children,
- Arterial catheterization in children (codes 1212.04/06),
- Peripheral venous catheterization (Midline) in adults and children.
The references with a J Nitinol guidewire (1212.062/082) are only indicated for CVC application.
Leaderflex, used as Midline, is an alternative to short I.V. cannulae for patients who require intravenous therapy for more than 5 days, improving the quality of patient care: no need for repeated venipunctures with short I.V. cannulae, less risk of chemical and mechanical phlebitis because Leaderflex is made of supple material and can be inserted above the antecubital fossa (improved stabilisation of the catheter, higher blood flow rate in the vessel).
- 1 puncture needle 21G, 42 mm long,
- 1 radiopaque catheter (Ø 0.55 x 0.75 mm - 22G - 2Fr) featuring on the distal end an integral extension tube, fixation wings to ease the fixation and a Luer-lock female connector.
- 1 straight metallic guidewire (Ø 0.46mm) 23cm long for codes 1212.04/06, 26cm long for codes 1212.08/10, 40cm long for code 1212.15 and 50cm long for codes 1212.20/205.
- 1 J Nitinol guidewire Ø 0.46mm long. 40cm (codes 1212.062/082),
- 1 drape 50 x 50 cm,
- 3 labels to be used according to catheter application: "Peripheral", "Arterial" and "Central".
Features & packaging
|Favourites||Code||Ext. Ø mm||Gauge G||Ø Fr||Length mm||Flow rate ml/min||Prim. vol. ml||Int. Ø mm||G G||Length mm||Ø mm||Length mm||Units/Box||Units/Case|
Contains Latex No
Contains animal product No
Instructions for use