Antimicrobial multi-lumen CVC - STAR
Multistar 3 UP
Multistar 3 UP is an antimicrobial XRO polyurethane central venous catheter introduced by Seldinger technique. The antibacterial activity is ensured… Read more
Multistar UP are polyurethane multi-lumen central venous catheters introduced by a classic Seldinger technique, generally into the internal jugular, subclavian and femoral veins (other access sites are also possible). Suitable for short and medium term therapy up to 29 days, allowing: infusion of fluids, medications, blood or blood products, measurement of central venous pressure, intermittent injections, blood sampling…
DescriptionMultistar 3 UP is an antimicrobial XRO polyurethane central venous catheter introduced by Seldinger technique.
The antibacterial activity is ensured by rifampicin, an antibiotic, and miconazole, which has antifungal and antibacterial activity. The active substances are impregnated inside the bulk polyurethane material in order to reduce catheter-related bloodstream infection risks. Rifampicin and Miconazole are released slowly to ensure a long-term efficacy.
It consists of 3 lumens completely separated on the total length of the catheter. Each lumen leads, at the distal tip of the catheter, to a distinct hole. At the proximal end, the lumens of the catheter are connected to extension tubes of different lengths. Each extension tube includes a different colored hub and is marked “Distal”, “Medial”, and “Proximal” so as to identify easily the different infusion lines.
Multistar 3 UP is available in 4 lengths: 12.5cm (code 6155.072), 16cm (code 6155.172), 20cm (code 6155.272), or 30cm (code 6155.372).
It is presented in a rigid blister pack containing:
- 1 polyurethane catheter (totally radiopaque) with fixation wings and centimetric graduations from 9cm from distal tip. Smooth distal end.
- 1 safety needle (Seldisafe) 18G, 70mm, to reduce the risk of needlestick injuries,
- 1 puncture needle 18G, 70mm,
- 1 safety scalpel,
- 1 BLS valve (Blood Less System) on the Seldisafe to limit blood loss and blood exposure,
- 1 adaptor for pressure transducer,
- 1 Teflon-coated "J" Nitinol guidewire (particularly kink-resistant) with guide-advancer,
- 1 dilator 8.5Fr - length 10cm,
- 3 caps,
- 1 5ml syringe,
- 1 supplementary fixation wing for 16, 20, and 30cm catheters,
- 1 ECG cable (Combcard) for 16, 20, and 30cm catheters.
Multistar 3 UP catheters contain photo reactive antibiotics. To protect the catheters from the light, they are delivered with a blind sheath.
Features & packaging
|Catheter||Distal lumen||Medial lumen||Proximal lumen||Packaging|
|Favourites||Code||Length cm||Ext. Ø mm||Ø Fr||Ø G||Flow rate ml/min||Prim. vol. ml||Ø G||Flow rate ml/min||Prim. vol. ml||Ø G||Flow rate ml/min||Prim. vol. ml||Units/Box||Units/Case|
Contains Latex No
Contains animal product No
Instructions for use